- Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information
in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing
of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Who are we?
Welcome Network is the data controller (contact
details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what
- How do we process your personal data?
Welcome Network complies with its obligations under
GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not
collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss,
misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical
measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the public
- To administer membership records;
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid
- To inform you of news, events, and activities of Welcome Network and other organisations which we believe you will find of interest.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news
events, and activities, process your gift aid donations and keep you
informed about other matters which we believe may be of interest to you.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social
security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a
religious aim, provided:
- i) The processing relates only to those who
have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes; and
- ii) There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and
associated paperwork for up to 7 years after the tax year to which they relate.
- Your rights and personal data
- Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with
respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which Welcome Network holds about you;
- The right to request that Welcome Network corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary
for Welcome Network to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her
personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data
controller, (known as the right to data portability) (where applicable);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of
your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable);
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data
Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use
prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and
processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent
to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact
Welcome Network at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email
https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or at the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Welcome Network is a charitable company registered by guarantee.
HMRC Charities Reference: XT36635
Leave a Reply