Welcome Network has adopted a safeguarding policy and protocol to ensure that people who interact with Welcome Network officials or participate in Welcome Network events are safe and protected from abuse.
We will keep all people safe by appointing a safeguarding officer at national and local level, and developing our safeguarding policies and procedures in a way which reflects best practice.
We will ensure that children and young people under 18 will be accompanied by their parents and/or nominated carer.
The organiser of a Welcome Network event will have responsibility for dealing with any issue arising at the event to do with safeguarding.
This policy applies to everyone involved in Welcome Network, in whatever capacity. It will be reviewed annually at a Directors meeting of Welcome Network.
Our safeguarding protocol is as follows:
- Any concern is to be reported as soon as possible to the local and/or national Safeguarding officer, who will advise and liaise as necessary.
National Safeguarding Officer:
Alicia Osinibi Tel: 07946319917 E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Local Safeguarding Officer for North East England:
Mary Bain Tel: 07881403172 E mail: email@example.com
- If an allegation has been made the person receiving the information must first listen, observe the person making the allegation, ask no leading questions and record the information and any other relevant information as soon as possible after they have been spoken to. This information must not be discussed with anyone apart from the safeguarding officer.
The written record should include:
- the date and time the alleged incident took place,
- the place where the alleged abuse happened
- name of the person who received the allegation and the names of others present,
- the name of the complainant and, where different, the name of the person who has allegedly been abused,
- the nature of the alleged abuse
- a description of any injuries observed
- the account which has been given of the allegation without personal comment
- The report must be signed and dated
- In an emergency, i.e. if someone’s safety is under immediate threat, dial 999 and then report the matter to the safeguarding officer.
- If the situation is not an emergency, the safeguarding officer is to be notified and (s)he will be respond by:
- Putting in place a safety plan to protect the vulnerable person from any further occurrence of abuse;
- Reporting the matter and taking advice from the appropriate authority on any necessary action to be taken. The contacts in Northumberland are:
|One Call 01670 536400
For concerns regarding the behaviour of an adult:
|Designated officer for Northumberland is Adam Hall; firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct line: 07342 057398
NSPCC Helpline: 0808 8005000
Signed and dated on behalf of Welcome Network